Monday, February 13, 2012

..happy hearts..

It's Valentine's day. Or as Miss E calls it, "Ballentimes Day."


In a perfect world, I would have had Valentine's finished and super-cute treats decorated and ready to go. In actuality, each kid has 3 more Valentine's to finish and those treats? Yeah, I'm still dreaming about them. Perhaps I'll have time later.


The kids made the same kind of Valentine's this year. I adapted from a Valentine's idea I saw here. I chose to put in some chocolates with the little animals, and used a self-sealing bag and double-stick tape. Worked like a charm, until we had to match up phrases with particular animals, which then caused the entire process to come to a shrieking halt when we ran out of the proper labels. This would be why each child still has 3 left to complete before school today.


Valentine's day here is pretty low-key. We share hugs and kisses, and a coloring book or two. It is a day to remember and celebrate the love that we have for each other. Each of my loves holds my heart in their hands...


And are kind enough to share that love with me and Daddy in what they say and do every day.


They are each unique and different in their own ways, and are utterly endearing as I watch them come together despite those differences.


And I cannot leave out my Hubby, without whom none of these little gems would've been possible. I love them all dearly. And I love our family and friends, near and far, who have also played parts in our lives. We truly are blessed.

Happy Valentine's Day!

** Hand hearts courtesy of my children. 3 year old version is classic.**
Can you tell which it is??

No comments:

Post a Comment