Tuesday, September 3, 2013

..amidst chaos..

Oh my, time continues to pass quickly. What have we been up to? Well, let's see....




Visitors. We've had lots and lots of visitors, some from across town, some from a couple of states away, and others from a half a world away. All visits were exactly what we hoped: fun, relaxing, with so much catching up accomplished. We have some amazing friends and family, I tell you.




Vacationing. We took our first vacation to a lake. Some dear friends invited us to their family cabin, where we enjoyed all manner of water sports: tubing, skiing, swimming, boating, and fishing. We all had a fabulous time! We look forward to being able to stay longer next summer....





Building. Our house construction is underway. Heavens, the delays. Part weather, part permits, I'm grateful that going into this process my expectations were low. While the delays have set us back about a month or two at this point, the hubby and I would much rather have things done right than rushed for the sake of meeting a deadline. And honestly, it allows for more time to pack and make decisions...lemonade out of lemons, no?




Packing. In the midst of all these delays, we have still opted to move. We have found a temporary place that is more than adequate for the short term. It may be small, it may be without some of our things, but it will allow the kids and hubby the opportunity to start this new school year together. What a novel idea, living in the same place during the school year, eh?


Games and tournaments. We have weathered 3 tennis tournaments and 9 flag football games this summer, with countless hours spent at the park or on the courts practicing. These children of mine love being outdoors and playing their hearts out, and I certainly enjoy watching them.



Canning. Of course. This season we did not do a CSA, since our living arrangements through October are questionable at best, but I have found bits of time to preserve. Strawberries, black raspberries, and corn are all I have done so far. I wish I had time for more, but I can say that I now know how to pressure can. And now I am questioning why it took me so long to muster up the courage to do so.


All in all, it's been a grand summer. We're embracing a new school year in a new place. It's both exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. But this summer? Well, we can look back and say it has been a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment