Tuesday, February 4, 2014

..hibernation..

I feel as though this blog has been in a deep sleep for the past few months. It makes sense, really, as there have been so many things going on in our lives since last August. I am just starting to feel a sense of rhythm that has been missing or fractured since our move to Wisconsin.


It's not a bad thing at all, I promise. Like my middle child, I do struggle with change. However, with this move, I have found that the good far outweighs the bad. As I look back on the last 5 months, there have been those moments of frustration, moments when I'm feeling so overwhelmed I'm not sure where to even begin. But more significantly, I have been allowing myself to just enjoy many of these changes. A new school. New friends. New routines. New interests. New schedules. New places.

I remember and sometimes long for, the old. But I truly am relishing the new. We are forging a new path, together as a family. It feels marvelous to have Daddy home every single night. We can attend school functions together, we can gather for dinner every evening, and there are no more tearful goodbyes on Monday mornings. Instead, they have been replaced with, "Daddy? Ok, you're going to school and we'll see you at dinnertime? You promise?" because sometimes it's hard to forget the old routines. 



So it's time to wake this space up again. Time to share some of the *new* with you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment