Wednesday, January 25, 2012

..I love to laugh..

Most of my days are spent with a child. Since my husband works out of town, I have had to find a way to cope with 3 young kids all on my own. I am a person who likes to be productive, but when I have to start and stop tasks throughout my day, I can tend to get frustrated and overwhelmed. So to keep the frustration at bay, I have tried to slow down a bit and just look at everything going on around me. And what I have found, is that my little family is pretty entertaining, without even trying.


This would be my youngest, decked out in her vest, older sister's skirt, and her fancy shoes. Why yes, all worn over her pajamas. I suppose I have only myself to blame for this keen fashion sense my girls have, because my middle one thinks that if it looks like the same color, it must go together.


Exhibit A: the "purple" outfit. Why do I blame myself? I think because I just don't care. It is interesting to see what outfits they will piece together, and it does afford me a good belly laugh......quite often.

But don't for one minute think that it's just my girls that provide the funny. I noticed this late last week. Can you tell what it is?





That would be my son's sock. He has not taken a shower in my bathroom for awhile (which is where the sock photo was taken), so I shudder to think how long that sock has been up there. When confronted with said sock, I got a reaction of utter astonishment, "MOM! I couldn't have possibly put that up there!" Oh, I can only imagine him in the bathroom, doing a crazy dance, kicking his legs and sock flying up in the air, only to land in a place where it would stay for a week or more. And to think, I trust this child to take a shower all on his own, so that I can give the sisters a bath.

In addition to the silly things I see paraded around the house, there are also those precious conversations. "Hey Friend! What are you doing??"  "I'm sooo sad."  "Baby, DON'T get out of your bed again!" The scenarios are hysterical....2 friends looking for a 3rd, Decorating our Boat, Mommy & Daddy with Baby, Robot friends, Battle with the Dragons, Fairies, Frosty the Snowman and his Babies, and the list goes on and on. The pretend play is like music to my ears....which there are plenty of impromptu songs and dances as well.


 And, to me, that is what's important. The funny. The silly. The crazy. The laughter.
I wouldn't trade it for a clean, pristine, quiet home........ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment